What a happy surprise! Today I learned that I was nominated for the Bloggers Recognition Award by Devon Bernthal, the author and owner of Army Wife with Daughters.It brightened my otherwise ordinary Saturday. I am humbled to accept this honor. Thank you, Devon!
I started my blog Savingchamps last September to share my knowledge and advice on how to save money and live a happy healthy life. So far, I have posted 40 articles. I am glad to see the growth of my readership and engaged followers.
There are something that you never know the joy in it until you do it yourself. Blogging is one of them. The pleasure of blogging is not only from giving a piece of your mind to the public but also from the sharing and interacting with people.
Blogging is a fulfilling experience, but it is also time-consuming and requires continued learning. Since I started blogging, I have acquired basic skills in using HTML/CSS, creating/editing images, search engine optimization, and how to use various social media for blog promotion. I am not blog expert yet; I am learning new things every day.
Here’s my advice to new bloggers:
- Love your blog—You probably will laugh and respond “of course, I love my blog. Otherwise, why would I start it?” Yes, it is easy to be passionate about blogging when you just start blogging. But, there may come a moment you feel you cannot deal with it anymore due to lack of ideas for content, technical issues, or simply a loss of interest. A blog can only grow if the blogger loves it and is proud of it!
- Plan to invest time—As I noted previously, the growth of blog takes time. It takes time to do research, to develop good content, and to build readership. As bloggers, we need to be learners first—to learn about blogging tips, tricks, and hacks. You have to be willing to invest time in those and you will see results someday.
There are so many awesome bloggers that deserve the Blogger Recognition Award. I would like to nominate the following bloggers for this award:
Rules of participating in Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.