There are many online resources that make saving money easier. Here is a list of useful websites and apps that help you with different aspects of personal finances. These online resources are simple to use and offer tremendous savings opportunities.
Personal Finance and Investment Management
1. Mint — Mints allows users to track spending by category. Users can put bank accounts, credit cards, bills and investments in the app and have a comprehensive understanding of their personal finances. Sign up for Mint HERE.
2. LearnVest — LearnVest lets people track their spending, budgets and financial goals and shows spending trends over time. You get a customizable financial plan that helps balance your wants and needs. Besides, there are various online classes and tools to help you manage your personal finance. Sign up for Learnvest HERE and get started for free.
3. Personal Capital — Personal Capital allows users to include all accounts in one location and provides a summary of spending, net worth, and investment portfolio. The program helps you understand and assess your net worth and build a customized retirement plan. Sign up for Personal Capital for free HERE.
5. Goodbudget — It uses envelope budget system. Using virtual envelope for budget category (e.g., groceries, transportation), users can track envelope balance and their bank balance.Sign up for Goodbudget HERE.
10. Acorns — An app that helps to make investments, even for just a few dollars. It rounds up all of the purchases to the nearest dollar, and invest that difference into a diversified stock. Sign up for Acorns HERE.
[Related Post: Make a SMART Budget for 2017: Aiming to Save More Money]
Price Tracking and Comparison
12. ShopSavvy — It is an app that allows users to scan item barcodes at retail to find the best deal at local and online stores.
13. CamelCamelCamel — It is a price tracker that get discounts and track prices on Amazon products.
14. BuyVia — BuyVia is an app that offers price comparisons and shows sales by product category.
15. SlickDeals Price Tracker — It is a web-based price tracker that watches prices on items on Amazon, and on several other popular shopping sites (e.g., Newegg, Buy.com).
16. GoodRx — GoodRx compares prescription prices at pharmacies near you, including coupon information.
Deals and Coupons
17. Flipp — Flipp provides a collection of store flyers as a showcase of all the sales. When using the app, tap the product and it’ll drop it into your “clipped” area to create a shopping list.
18. Retale — It is an app that brings users hundreds of store ads, deals, and coupons into smartphones.
19. RetailMeNot — It is an app that offers bargains from thousands of stores and restaurants.
20. Shopular — It is an app that lists weekly deals and promotion codes from major retailers such as Target and Walmart.
21. Coupons — Coupons offers online and printable coupons, discount codes from their website or app.
22. Coupon Mom — Couponmom is one of the best coupon blog sites, with many printable and online coupons by store, brand and item category.
23. Money Saving Mom — Money Saving Mom is another great coupon blog site that provides numerous coupons, deals, freebies and money management tips.
[Related Post: 10 Ways to Increase your Savings When Shopping at Amazon]
<Learn more about Ebates: How to Use Ebates to Earn Money: 6 Hacks you Need to Know>
25. Ibotta — It is an app that offers cash back for shopping for items in the product gallery from participating stores. Sign up for Ibotta now (it’s completely FREE) and you will get $10 welcome bonus–For a Limited Time!
26. SavingStar — It is an app that allows users to earn cash back through using their digital coupons.
27. Checkout 51 — It is an app that allows users to redeem their offers and get cash back for qualified purchases.
28. Shopkick — It is an app that people can use to browse products, find deals and get points for gift cards.
29. ReceiptHog — It is an app that gives cash back for purchasing items and snap pictures of receipts.
[Related Post: My Top 5 Cash Back Apps: Get Paid for Shopping]
30. Paprika — It is an app that helps to make meal plans and grocery list.
31. $5 Meal Plan —It is a website that provides recipes for family meals that cost $5 or less.
32. The Dinner Daily —The Dinner Daily makes weekly dinner plans and shopping list based on store specials. They provide a free 2-week trial to everyone that signs up.
33. eMeals — eMeals selects recipes from a variety of choices and generate shopping list accordingly.
34. Groupon — It delivers deals and coupons in local areas, such as restaurants and fitness centers.
35. LivingSocial — It provides users access to local deals on hotels, restaurants, and other places.
36. Scoutmob — It is an app that helps find a great discount at local restaurants and shops in big cities such as Atlanta, New York, and Washington DC.
37. Local Flavor — It delivers various savings on dining at local restaurants, spars, fun, home improvement, and more.
38. Certifikid — It provides family-focused deals in Washington DC areas, Dallas, and some other big cities. They offer many deals on local summer camps, kid activities, sports events, etc.
[Related Post: 5 Best Apps for Finding Local Deals]
39. GasBuddy — It is an app/website that allows you to find cheap gas in an area based on location or zip code.
40. HotelTonight — HotelTonight helps find low prices on last-minute hotel bookings.
41. Couchsurfing — It helps saving money by searching for somebody’s couch for a night’s sleep.
42. Airbnb — It is an online service that helps users find affordable accommodations by booking a bed-and-breakfast at a cheaper price.
43. Priceline — It allows users to name their own price for hotels, car rental, and flights to get a deep discount.
44. Hotwire — It is a discount travel site that offers low prices for hotels, cars, and flights. It does not offer price bidding.
45. Expedia — It is another travel website that offers deals on flights, hotels, and car rentals.
46. Kayak — It searches hundreds of travel sites to find the information users needed to make decisions on flights, hotels, and rental cars.
47. BestParking — An app that locates available parking spots in an area and allows users to compare prices and make a reservation.
48. ParkMe — An app that compares parking spots and allows users to reserve a spot in advance to save money.
49. Parker — An app that helps find available parking spots, prices and hours and provide GPS navigation to the nearest open spot.
50. SpotHero — An app that makes finding a parking spot easy and fast. It allows a reservation to save money.
51. Uber — An app that helps find a ride at lower costs.
52. Lyft — An app that helps users get an affordable ride whenever they need one.
53. Commutewise — A social network for carpooling for lowering travel spending and protecting the environment.
54. Zipcar — It allows car rental for a few hours, a day, or a week. It reduces the need for vehicle ownership and encourages a more shareable form of transportation.
[Related Post: Save Time and Money on Travel Using Three Checklists]
55. Upromise — It is an online resource that offers cash back while doing online shopping and build a college fund.
56. Simpletuitions — A website that compares various student loans and saves money on college costs.
57. Fastweb — A website that helps find scholarships, financial aids, and student loans to cover some school costs.
58. Unigo — It provides searching for college scholarships and student loans.
59. Student Scholarship Search —This site provides information on a large number of awards, scholarships, grants and prizes.
60. RedShelf — A website that helps saving money on books, textbooks, and other digital content.
Check out these online resources that help to improve your budget and saving money! Most of them are free or offer a free trial. What are the online resources or tools that you use for saving time and money? Feel free to share in the comments.